Student involvement in clubs, activities of interest, and service projects provide opportunities for them to develop valuable citizenship, leadership, and teamwork skills. Co-curricular activities and service options will be determined throughout the year. Staff would welcome parent leadership, involvement, and assistance.
Qualities of good character and citizenship are taught, modeled, reinforced and recognized. Students demonstrating our highlighted character virtues will be recognized for their efforts by their teacher or other staff member. Pictures are taken and students are highlighted on our leader board. We are a “Leader in Me” school.
Based on The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People®, The Leader in Me equips students with the self-confidence and skills they need to thrive in the 21st century economy. There are Seven Habits (steps):
1. Be Proactive (You’re in Charge)
2. Begin with the End in Mind (Have a Plan)
3. Put First Things First (Work First, Then Play)
4. Think Win-Win (Everyone Can Win)
5. Seek First to Understand Then to Be Understood (Listen Before You Talk)
6. Synergize (Together Is Better)
7. Sharpen the Saw (Balance Feels Best)